I started off with my rough, duh.
Then I decided to use acrylics on paper. Why? Because I'm broke. That's why. Not as much curling on the paper as I would have thought.
At first I sketched out the car free hand, but I decided to check myself with the projector.
Which showed that while I had the proportions right between all the elements I had put a bit of a bend on the car that just wouldn't do. So I traced over my sketch. Hey, If it's good enough for Vermeer and Ingres, It's good enough for me. The original photo had different highlights and reflections so I got to make up my own. Not too bad for someone who hasn't drawn a car in ages, I thought. Then came choosing the background color. the step above shows that red didn't work, and cream wasn't doing it either.
Neither was green so I got the image into photoshop and after cleaning up the background I decided on this grey/blue thing.
I sure hope they choose my design. Fingers crossed. Total work put in: 6 hours.